Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Creative side of Me - Part 4 of Part 1

Part 4 of Part 1

... After 45 minutes of peace, quiet and boredom-

The Fifa Soccer World Cup. My teachers think that everyone is interested in the patriotic duty we have for our country, so they decide that we have to listen to the same thing not once, not twice, but three times.
Okay, so maybe it is a grand festival that is being held in my country, but if I am going to be realistic, I don't think that South Africa will get into the second round. Our national sports are rugby and cricket, before a few years ago I didn't even know we had a soccer team.
I am a fan the Barcelona and their player Messi, but I have never seen one whole game of theirs and I don't know who Messi is playing for in the world cup.
I am going to post the names of the players in Barcelona on another post and a result to a game that I watched and I promise I will not cheat, you will have to trust me!
I saw this political cartoon, done by Zapiro, the other day. It had three ancient empires and the lands they used to own in the world. And in the fourth block was a man sitting on the world smiling with a shirt that said Fifa.
Here it is:


10 illegal minutes more for 30 students. 23 of which felt to guilty and headed back to class. 7 stayed.
Maybe not such a big deal now, maybe not such a big deal later, but what if the 7 that stayed got a thrill out of it? What if 3 of them enjoyed the thrill? What if 2 of them wanted more of the thrill? What if one of them got more of the thrill, but in other dangerous ways? A small risk, but is it worth taking?

That probably won't happen, but its fun to follow through a dangerous theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

READER SPEAKER